Citi Financial Accounting Analyst 1 in Costa Rica
Primary Location: Costa Rica
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Job Function: Operations
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: No
Job ID: 18016531
Responsible for executing general daily maintenance on systems as required as well as performing validation checks on maintenance requests ensuring proper application of accounting and reporting principles.
Open, close and/or update systems elements (Accounts, Departments, Customers, Products, etc.) as required.
Create and update the monthly Maintenance Recaps which outlines completed monthly maintenance.
Maintain mapping tables and accounting rules, ensuring proper data flow through the several reporting systems in the company.
Respond to customer inquiries.
Perform any required control procedure as part of the sustaining process.
Support, prioritize and coordinate any project/controls needed to mitigate identified risk, roadblocks or issues impacting the Month End Close.
Identify improvement opportunities, process risks, gaps or any help needed and communicate with business analyst & direct manager in a timely manner.
Create and/or update documentation for the process under her/his responsibilities.
Maintain an efficient, direct and timely communication with direct manager, team members and customers.
Actively participate in training, communication, process improvement projects as assigned by direct manager in accordance with Citi objectives.
· Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or any related field.
· Experience in Financial or Technology Services desirable.
· Prior technical experience with data mining, Business Objects, SQL Server or other analytical tools is desirable.
· Proficiency in Excel and Access
· Proficiency in the system under her/his responsibility (SMART, CRC, DSMT, PEARL, P2P, PSGL, Full Suite, etc.)
· Intermediate to advanced English
· Good organizational and multi-tasking skills
Excellent documentation skills
· Self-motivated and proactive
· Effective time management skills