Citi ESC Third Party Risk Team Lead in Costa Rica
Primary Location: Costa Rica
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Job Function: Corporate Services
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job ID: 18010242
The Third Party Risk Team Lead will be responsible for the management and supervision of the day-to-day operational activities conducted by a team of third party risk analysts, including leading efforts to ensure the effective execution of the TPU responsibilities, overseeing the completion of data collection and analytics, and fostering a productive team environment.
Enterprise Supply Chain (ESC) reports in to the Enterprise Infrastructure group which in turn is part of the Citigroup Enterprise O&T division.
ESC aims to deliver world-class end to end supply chain operations to Citigroup through Strategic Sourcing & Supplier Management, Supplier Risk Management and Supply Chain Operations including purchase processing and payables.
Enterprise Supply Chain Controls and Governance is expanding and enhancing its operating model. A key priority for the team is to help strengthen Citi’s Third Party Management framework and program. Integral to this new framework is establishing, supporting and managing the new Third Party Utility (TPU), responsible for delivering standardized Citi-wide third party management processes.
The TPU provides operational support, process guidance, and quality assurance and quality control oversight to businesses across Citi, leveraging a central utility infrastructure, standardized processes and operating procedures in order to execute robust risk management activities throughout the third-party management life cycle.
· Lead day-to-day activities of TPU teams in a supervisory capacity
· Provide input to performance measurements of teams and provide coaching
· Provide expert guidance and support on the development of key controls, standard processes, operating procedures, and promulgation of best practices
· Interface with Third Party Officers (TPOs), Business Activity Owners (BAOs), and Sector and Regional Risk teams and other Citi business stakeholders on a regular basis
· Review results of third-party risk monitoring activities providing credible challenges to, and quality checks of, such results
· Perform a lead role in the design, development, and execution of key TPU initiatives
· Perform reviews of pre-contract due diligence, post-contract ongoing monitoring activities and provide credible challenges to accountable / responsible parties
· Monitor progress on agreed upon third-party remediation activities and escalate issues as necessary
· Conduct onsite third-party visits to assess compliance with Citi policies and standards, where appropriate
· Support reporting activities as required
· Participate in continuous improvement activities
· complete all tasks in connection with the organization’s activity but not detailed in the current job description, charged by the direct manager, supervisor, or the functional head.
· Preferred 6+ years of direct, relevant experience in third-party risk identification and management, operational risk management, compliance and/or audit
· Prior management experience as a Supervisor and / or Team Lead of 10+ member teams
· Ideal candidate would have experience in the financial services industry and a working knowledge of banking regulatory requirements
· Strong organization skills, with proven ability to successfully manage multiple priorities
· Detail oriented, with strong problem solving and analytical skills
· Relationship management skills, with the ability to build partnerships across various Citi businesses
· Strong risk, process, and project management skills with proven ability to influence and drive results across a diverse team of stakeholders
· Excellent communication skills and fluent in English (both written and verbal)
· Proficient in MS Office applications
· Demonstrated capacity to lead teams and drive performance results
· Demonstrated ability to synthesize, prioritize and drive results with a strong sense of urgency
· Detail oriented, pragmatic problem solver, forward thinker with the ability to exercise independent decision making
· Ability to assess level of exposure based on existing risk characteristics
· Proven ability to interact effectively with diverse cultures and backgrounds