Cargill Business Relationship Speciaist in Costa Rica
Business Relationship Speciaist
Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. Together with farmers, customers, governments and communities, we help people thrive by applying our insights and over 150 years of experience. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work.
The Business Relationship Manager (BRM) is the customer face of the Global IT team. The BRM will define the demand for IT services in line with the Process, Data and Technology (PDT) strategy for the business unit (BU)/country they are supporting. They will be responsible to support the delivery of consistent end-to-end IT services, in line with the Business IT budget. They will do this through management of the portfolio of projects and service levels with regional delivery teams and 3rd party service providers. In order to bring competitive advantage to the business through IT solutions, the BRM will provide industry perspectives and innovative solutions to the business, aligned with enterprise architecture frameworks.
The position will be part of the CPLA BU/Country Leadership Team.
Overall this position ensures client satisfaction at the business/country level is met. This includes: strategy planning and portfolio management, business partnering, relationship & service management.
•30% Business Partnering
- Partners with IT Leadership, using deep IT knowledge and broad business knowledge, to develop and maintain a portfolio of services and solutions. Ensures integration across process, data, and technology for all solutions.
- Provides central oversight of budget, risk management, strategic alignment of IT investments, demand and investment management.
- Applies understanding of business partnering practices and procedures in leading the definition and execution of effective IT demand. Develops a deep understanding of business/country processes, pain points, needs, etc.
- Educates business on process to regularly identify and evaluate events that could affect business/country performance while keeping alignment with Cargill policies.
- Links business/marketplace trends with technology impacts on the business; communicates impacts to the business.
- Acts as thought leader to business/country leadership members to pro-actively identify opportunities for continuous improvements across the business/country. Analyzes process breakdowns to ensure lessons are learned. Drives efficiencies with the regional delivery organizations.
- Acts as a counselor and advisor within the business to ensure successful introduction of new solutions, technologies, and applications to enable business processes. Aligns all solutions with Enterprise Architecture framework.
•30% Relationship and Service Management
- Promotes collaboration across the IT service delivery teams and other BRMs to provide first class IT services to the business as one Global IT organization.
- Creates a shared mindset and establishes contractual agreements (SLAs) with business/country leadership that specify expected outcomes, deliverables, and terms of engagement.
- Integrates qualitative and quantitative metrics to create reports and scorecards for use in decision support.
- Manages the IT budget for the business/country while sharing the value of IT services with stakeholders.
- Expands and monitors integration across processes, data, and technology for all solutions in the business/country and those defined for the portfolio of services.
- Builds and maintains a sustainable business relationship with business/country leaders as well as other corporate executives where appropriate.
•20% Strategy Planning
- Leads and provides broad guidance to the medium-long term business IT strategy and ensures overall alignment with business/country and PDT strategies.
- Acts as a strategic counselor, leveraging industry trends for business partnering activities, while communicating the vision and strategic direction for delivery and investment of IT services and solutions.
- Utilizes knowledge of industry trends to identify business problems that could benefit from a technology solution and opportunities to improve technology productivity and efficiency.
- Identifies internal and external technology initiatives/trends that could affect the business and its ability to manage within its risk appetite. Facilitates an acceptable balance of risk and rewards by communicating tradeoffs to business/country leadership.
•20% Portfolio Management
- Maximizes value to the business/country for the IT spend.
- Ensures business/country projects are added to the Strategic Portfolio so they are visible and aligned to Global IT.
- Ensures the adoption and consistent use of processes and metrics.
- Prepares realistic estimates of resource requirements and timelines needed to accomplish IT services and solutions.
- Defines business/country requirements for all new initiatives. Discovers project opportunities and their overall concept, scope, sponsorship and value opportunity. Partners with IT internal/external suppliers to search for adequate solution.
- Monitors execution of projects by internal/external vendors. Removes obstacles in order to move the work forward.
- Partners with business to make investment and divestiture recommendations within the portfolio.
BA/BS in MIS, Business or equivalent experience.
7 years of IT and business / industry work experience.
Demonstrated leadership skills in the areas of strategic planning and decision making, navigating ambiguity, and building trusting relationships.
Experience developing IT strategies and business plans.
Experience with Portfolio Management. Ability to guide business/country leadership with IT investment recommendations.
Ability to travel up to 30%
Ability to speak English fluently (verbal and written format) to effectively communicate abstract, conceptual information.
Job Information Technology
Primary Location Costa Rica
Other Locations Nicaragua
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job
Req ID: COS00075