Microsoft Corporation Support Engineer in San Jose, Costa Rica
Are you interested in the cloud business? Azure is a growing leader in the cloud market with Azure Support enabling customer success and providing a key differentiator when customers make buying decisions.
The opportunity for you is to be part of the evolution of Azure and cloud support services, to be constantly challenged as the Platform expands to provide broader capabilities to customers and to work in collaboration with multiple Microsoft teams inside of Global Business Support and the product groups.
The Support Engineer (SE) is responsible for support delivery for Commerce and works directly with customers to resolve complex support incidents related the Azure billing platform and subscription management through various support offerings.
A Commerce Support Engineer is knowledgeable in Azure Platform services, technologies, offerings, and the Azure billing platform. The successful Support Engineer has the drive and intellectual horsepower to resolve difficult customer issues; directly supports customers through telephone, email, and chat services; escalates issues quickly when deep, specific skills or other capabilities are required; ability to use knowledge of the Azure architecture and offerings to provide customer resolution and proactive customer recommendations; has excellent communication skills and is fluent in English; writes excellent case documentation; and is able to handle challenging and politically-charged customer situations.
• Leadership - handle challenging and politically sensitive customer situations
• Strong communications skills – Fluent in spoken and written English
• Effective, polished interaction with customer to gather information quickly
• Demonstrable troubleshooting skills
• Cross-team collaboration
• Logical and Critical thinking
• Passion for technology and customer support
• Understanding of cloud vs. on premise computing. Familiarity with fundamentals of cloud computing.
• Technical understanding of commerce platform concepts and procedures including online services, Order to Cash operations and general billing and commerce systems processes (e.g., invoicing, credit card transactions).
• Technical aptitude sufficient to develop an understanding of the Azure Platform and architecture
• More than 4 years of support or equivalent experience including a customer facing or customer support role
• B.S. degree in Computer Science, MIS, business or equivalent
• MCSE, MCPD, or MCAD preferred
• Fluency in English