Microsoft Corporation Support Engineer- Azure POD Development in San Jose, Costa Rica
Are you interested in the cloud business? Are you motivated by customer success? The Azure Dev Support team is strategic to Microsoft enabling customers to develop, test, and deploy solutions in the cloud. Azure is a growing leader in the cloud market with Azure Support enabling customer success and providing a key differentiator when customers make buying decisions.
The opportunity for you is to be part of the evolution of Azure and cloud support services, to be constantly challenged as the Platform expands to provide broader capabilities to customers, support customers using a service rather than on-premise Microsoft products, and to work in collaboration with multiple Microsoft teams, including product group engineering and operations.
Microsoft Azure’s open cloud platform enables customers to quickly build scalable always up cloud services. As a Support Engineer on the Azure Dev Support team within Global Business Support, you will work directly with developer customers who range from small software developers to global Fortune 100 corporations. You will be a member of an exciting team that solves challenging Microsoft Azure cloud service problems. You will work with other engineers to debug, troubleshoot, correct code, and help resolve customer issues.
• Leverage the people and resources put at your disposition to speed the resolution of the customers issue. Time is of the essence in the cloud.
• Analyze customers Azure problems and develop solutions to meet their needs. This will involve debugging, troubleshooting, correcting code, and taking responsibility to see that the issue is fully resolved.
• Communicate technically complex information with Microsoft’s developer customers via email, telephone, and electronic services.
• Working with customers when their site is down requiring calm empathy. Results will be measured via customer surveys.
• Continually learn technologies and develop deep expertise then share that knowledge with the team. The objective is to grow into a subject matter expert in one of the many areas of Microsoft Azure: compute, storage, cache, service bus or Service Fabric (micro service).
• Document work completed, and time spent on customer issues.
• Create advanced technical content including Blog articles, samples, and training.
• Provide actionable feedback to the engineering teams by isolating software bugs, surfacing customer pain points, and collecting customer suggestions.
• Participate actively in regular technical triage meetings to share knowledge with other engineers to help quickly resolve their customer issues.
Excellent written and verbal skills, including the ability to provide clear instructions and communicate complex technical information effectively.
At least one year of experience in software development, product/technical/customer support or IT Admin/support OR consulting or Systems Development, or IT/ Network Operations.
Problem Solver and Critical Thinking - handle technical and challenging customer situations
Demonstrable troubleshooting skills
Team Player and Cross-team collaboration
Passion for technology and customer support
Quick to learn and understand cloud computing and on-premise computing.
Ability to debug applications written in native or managed code.
B.S. degree in C.S. or E.E. or equivalent experience preferred.
Previous experience in customer service or support of products or services is preferred
Networking skills, and cloud development are a definite positive.
Working knowledge of web services and technologies is desirable.
Software Development experience desired in one or more of the following:
2 years of experience developing with C++ or C#
1-year experience debugging code (WINdbg, Visual Studio Debugger)
1-year experience with Linux, Mac, Java, PHP, Node.js, Python or Ruby is also desired.
1-year experience with ASP.Net, IIS
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form at https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/accommodationrequest .
Benefits listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.