Microsoft Corporation Sales Leader, Inside Sales Costa Rica in San Jose, Costa Rica
This position can only be based in Costa Rica.
This role requires Spanish fluency.
Microsoft is empowering every person and every organization on the planet to do more and achieve more. We have set ourselves three bold ambitions: create more personal computing, reinvent productivity and business processes and build the intelligent cloud. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. As part of our transformation, one of our key areas of focus is the modernization of our sales motions. We are investing to build a high-productivity global inside sales engine that will be opportunity based and product aligned, with modern data-driven sales and marketing automation capabilities, and with both warm lead hand-offs to partners and the ability to transact in real-time. We are establishing a modern Marketing and Sales Organization, Inside Sales, as part of this strategy.
We are looking for a world-class individual to create, and lead the Latam Sales and Operations Center based in San Jose, Costa Rica. This role will lead a team of sales, sales management, and technical architect roles and will be a key contributor to Microsoft Latam´s overall revenue. This team is expected to grow and future expansion is on the cards. This position reports to the GM, for the Americas.
The Latam sales team will be responsible for creating an early in career, and diverse and inclusive, talent pool, leading and driving a world class structured development program, and annual revenue and OPEX accountability for $500M. The division serves business customers of all sizes across both horizontal and industry based solution offerings. This role will serve as a member on the Americas Inside Sales Leadership team and will be accountable for delivering comprehensive results across sales, customer satisfaction, partner performance, partner satisfaction, and people leadership development on behalf of the broad Latam business.
The role encompasses the following key responsibilities/accountabilities:
• Sales accountability for Billed revenue, Net Revenue and CM% for the business Executive leadership as a member of the Americas Inside Sales leadership team focusing on business strategy, business rhythm, core LT decisions, business reviews.
• Sub scorecard performance
• Organizational and operational leadership of the center, ensuring high quality employee engagement and organization culture aligned with Microsoft´s transformation objectives
• People leadership and development for the center ranging from front line individual contributor development through manager development.
The role carries three main objectives in addition to key responsibilities/accountabilities:
• Creating a scalable automation led inside sales business unit to drive precise revenue and satisfaction goals.
• Creating a career model and path for early in career candidates with a keen focus on diversity of talent providing a multiyear, multi-step journey to kick start career opportunities in sales and marketing at Microsoft.
• Optimizing ROI within and across businesses.
The following experience, capabilities and competencies are required:
• Previous external and inside sales experience and sales leadership with a strong track record of results
• Experienced in sales operations in IT and LOB /industry segments
• Proven experience and capability in navigating, networking, and influencing in a F100 global organization
• Excellent organizational and people leadership capabilities
• Experience building a new business and process from idea to results
• Experience in managing in a highly matrixed environment Strong problem solving skills
• Strong interpersonal, listening and influencing skills. Excellent communications skills
• Experience work with all types of partners
• Passion and ability to attract and develop talent, and foster a high performing and diverse and inclusive culture
• Tenacity, enthusiasm, collaboration, being nimble are key styles for success
• Primary language is Spanish speaking with English as a second language
The ideal candidate will have at least 15-20 years of experience in sales leadership roles, knowledge of how to build and scale sales teams, ideally in a modern and automated sales and inside sales and marketing environment. Customer knowledge across IT Decision Makers, LOB Decision Makers, key GSI/NSI and ISV partners and deep understanding of developing effective strategies to influence decision making across the broad Microsoft enterprise portfolio.
Knowledge of effective and efficient IT workflow enablement in a modern social/digital/mobile environment is essential. BA required, MBA preferred. Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status.