Citi System Administrator Unix & Widows in Heredia, Costa Rica
Primary Location: Costa Rica,Heredia
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Job Function: Technology
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: No
Job ID: 18011355
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi’s Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients’ and the public’s trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop to are widely available to all.
Technical position requiring strong Unix or Windows technical background for providing production support as the first line for escalation and troubleshooting of issues for the all Regions Sector Server environments.
The Wintel & Unix Operations Level 2 SA is responsible for 24x7x365 support of the distributed Windows & Unix servers. Each SA supports hardware and OS for multiple application environments leveraging HP, Dell and Virtual servers.
Close collaboration with in-country system support groups and complying appropriate regulations, including separate compliance requirements and reporting on monthly basis.
• Representing the team at all times and any occasion, being first contact person for the team in the region for escalations and outages.
• Responsibility for email distribution list and Service Now queues in regional working hours
• Be creative - Develop non-standard, not existing in manuals new solutions, improvements, fixes or procedures.
• Manage Approval process for requests, where required.
• Manage ServiceNow queues, scheduling work or assigning staff, where necessary.
• Ensure the SLA’s are met for our Global, Regional & in-country customers.
• This person should be heavily involved in the re-engineering of the Citi processes. They should be Will be fully engaged and make process re-engineering recommendations during our regular calls and taken into consideration during one of the calls and will be handing re-engineering milestones and deliverables with CATE, RBA, etc
• Handling escalations and escalating in turn to the Global Unix or Windows Server Manager
• At least 2+ years of experience in enterprise level IT projects in web technologies (Red Hat Linux, AIX, Solaris or Windows 2003, 2008, 2012, etc.
• Knowledge of HP, IBM hardware up to enterprise level.
• Knowledge of the virtual environments: IBM WPARs, VMware
• Certification in technologies a plus
• 24x7 operational support experience
• Experience with issues facing large scale server environments
• Demonstrated experience with various technologies for UNIX such as Red Hat Linux, AIX, Solaris, Storage knowledge (OS Side), Bash Scripting, Clustering Solutions
• Demonstrated experience with various technologies for Windows MS Products suite, Windows 2003, 2008, 2012
• Familiarity with .NET / IIS, SharePoint and database products such as Sybase, Oracle, SQL Server and ANSI SQL
• Demonstrated experience supporting complex Server Infrastructure products in a business critical environment.
Bachelor degree in computer science or other related or equivalent work experience.