Baxter Sup II-Finance-Accounting in Heredia, Costa Rica
Purpose of this position:
This position will be responsible for supervising the record, reconciliation and tracking of the activities related to Cash and Account Receivables Fixed Assets for the United States, Canada and. Lead and manage process improvements initiatives and direct and develop the people working under his supervision.
AREA: Americas Cash and Accounts Receivable
· Responsible for leadership and supervision of accounting staff.
· Ensure S-Ox compliance and continuous improvement for all Cash and AR processes.
· Ensure all Cash and AR services are provided per the service level agreements (SLAs) approved by customers.
· Track performance management objectives and development plans for all Cash and AR team members.
· Coordinate retained Cash Application activities
· Be a liaison and give support to Genpact team for Cash Application activities that were transitioned to India/Guatemala.
· Give support to Genpact team for account reconciliations now performed in India
· Provide timely feedback and coaching to the team members.
· Identify innovation projects and improvement areas for the team.
· Facilitate problem resolution with other customers.
· Comply with all Financial Policies set by Baxter Finance department
· Prepare SLA and operational metrics monthly.
· Perform timely reconciliation between AR module and General Ledger.
· Revision of Financial Statements variances for accounts related to Cash and AR.
· Balance Sheet review with Canada and LATAM customers
· Critical responsibilities include:
o Review Cash and AR Account Reconciliations on a timely basis. Including the ones prepared by Genpact
o Review Cash and AR Journal entries monthly.
o Supervise closing activities, and review monthly reports prepared by Accounting Analysts after closing process.
· Any other delegated responsibilities as instructed by Manager.
Provide accounting and financial services to support the organization to provide accurate and reasonable Cash and Accounts Receivable financial information and disclose proper information to Baxter’s stakeholders.
2 Senior Accounting Analyst, 1 accounting analyst and 2 accounting clerks report to this position.
· Licenciatura / Bachelor degree in Business Administration or Public Accounting.
· More than five years of experience in Shared Service environment or similar
· Advance Level of English
· Systems knowledge: excel, JD Edwards, HFM
· Strong accounting background
· Leadership skills
· Analytic mind
· Team work
· Work under pressure
· Good interpersonal relationships
· People management experience
· Ability to deal with customers
Organization: *Global Finance - Corporate Controller
Title: Sup II-Finance-Accounting
Location: Costa Rica-Heredia-La Aurora
Requisition ID: 180006ZG