VMware Senior Applications Developer - SFDC in Heredia, Costa Rica
VMware (NYSE: VMW), the global leader in cloud infrastructure, delivers customer-proven virtualization solutions that significantly reduce IT complexity. VMware accelerates an organization’s transition to cloud computing, while preserving existing IT investments and enabling more efficient, agile service delivery without compromising control. Organizations rely on VMware, its partners and its industry-leading virtual infrastructure platform, VMware vSphere, to energize their business through IT, while saving energy—financial, human and the Earth’s. With 2010 revenues of $2.8 billion, VMware has more than 170,000 customers and 35,000 partners worldwide. VMware’s award-winning technology, market-leading position and culture of excellence provide our 11,000+ employees in 40+ locations worldwide with a platform for professional growth and the excitement of being an early-stage innovator.
Our seasoned IT leadership team has experience working for leading Fortune 500 and start-up companies and is dedicated to hiring and supporting top IT and engineering talent, creating an intellectually-stimulating and team-oriented environment, and driving VMware’s IT organization to be truly cutting edge.
Job Role and Responsibility
The Senior Applications Developer – Salesforce.com (SFDC) will be responsible for the analysis, design, development, and customization and be involved in the implementation of Salesforce.com modules for VMware. The candidate should have exceptional technical skills in development and customization of salesforce.com and integration tools and have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
In this role you will embrace and adhere to IT standards, processes and methodologies.
• Actively participate and work with business analysts and business teams to understand and document technical requirements for salesforce.com customizations, enhancements/ features and integrations
• Design and develop customizations, enhancements and services based on the requirements on Salesforce.com including Sales/Service & Partner cloud application
• Write and execute unit tests cases for the developed functionalities
• Research Salesforce.com capabilities as needed to suit business requirements, and provide gap analysis
• Follow set processes. Find gaps and suggest improvements.
• Expert knowledge of Salesforce.com
• force.com platform, APEX programming, salesforce configuration, salesforce security model
• AppExchange applications
• Technical background in OOPS, programming languages and web-based applications
• Knowledge of data migration & integration tools and methodologies
• APIs & Web Services
• Ability to work in a global cross-functional environment to help support and enhance business systems
• Ability to plan and execute tasks in a structured manner
• Able to work, collaborate and contribute in a team environment
• Excellent analytical and quantitative skills or experience
• Logical/Perceptive, problem solving, detail oriented, solution oriented
• 6+ Years of hands on technical programming experience
• 4+ years of experience developing/ customizing/ implementing Salesforce.com
• Completed more than one full life-cycle Salesforce.com implementations
• Knowledge of SDLC processes and tools, Iterative Design & Prototyping (Agile)
• Must have experience preparing technical specifications, detailed design documents and developing test cases
• Solid understanding of CRM/PRM capabilities and functional areas
• Experienced in development methodologies and software delivery lifecycle
• Bachelors Degree in CS or Equivalent with 6 years relevant technical experience, MS Degree preferred
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.