BCD Travel Training Specialist in Costa Rica
The Training Specialist is responsible to deliver learning and development programs to reach stated business outcomes, on-time and on-budget.
These learning and development programs are designed, conducted and managed to equip employees, both new hires and existing employees, with the knowledge and skills to meet their individual performance objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Include:
Learning Delivery / Facilitation
Reviews training material, incorporates examples as needed and prepares for facilitation.
Creates and maintains a positive and professional learning environment.
Understands the audience and applies a variety of learning methodologies and concepts for maximum learning transfer and fluency in both the live or virtual classroom and personal interactions.
Maintains knowledge of learning theories and techniques and applies these to the training delivery.
Coordinates schedules with peers to ensure an adequate number and frequency of course sessions is offered.
Manages the set up and registration process for course sessions.
Works with colleagues and SMEs through the instructional design process
Facilitates the course within the allotted and agreed upon timeline and covers all outlined material.
Identifies and communicates to the audience's direct supervisors any concerns or specific follow up is needed
Maintains and expands personal knowledge of BCD Travel and industry tools, systems, processes and procedures and can effectively facilitate courses on these topics.
Evaluates performance, of both new and existing personnel, identifying additional learning opportunities or deficiencies in the current courses or approach.
Executes assigned activities to strategic business goals.
Reviews and provides feedback when solicited required.
Routinely observes individuals performing their jobs to help identify learning and potential process improvements.
Reviews classroom, after-class performance and survey results to identify opportunities for adjustments for improved results (both self and course) for business outcome achievement.
Manage multiple priorities and projects simultaneously.
Provide timely project updates.
Understands the components of successful projects, dependencies and their role in the successful completion of the project.
Identifies and outlines any learning specific risks associated with a project.
Essential Job Functions
- Conduct live classes (virtual or classroom) to internal customers (travel consultants up to and including
managers and peers), with up to 75% travel.
Participate in onsite go live support as determined.
Maintain an updated knowledge of course offerings.
Exhibit the components of service excellence, both in their interactions, delivery and in the ability to relate
these concepts to course participants.
- Candidates must have strong oral and written communication, presentation and interpersonal skills along with
ability to work in a team environment.
Understands and applies adult learning theory and is able to adjust techniques for maximum learning transfer.
Understands new and current training methodologies, theories and techniques and works with direct
supervisor to apply.
- Understands the basic concepts of HPI and training needs analysis and can utilize the basic concepts when
determining the correct learning intervention.
Executes activities to help meet strategic business goals.
Have the organizational skills to ensure learning activities are completed on-time and on-budget.
Has knowledge and applies commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within the travel industry,
contact centers and Learning & Development.
Solid understanding of organizational dynamics and the ability to think strategically.
Solid knowledge-base of learning and the ability to develop and apply solutions to complex organizational
Competently reviews measurements of learning transfer and demonstrated behaviors
Understands and can interpret the results of levels 1, 2 and 3 of training evaluation.
Takes the lead to pilot new courses (to the learning team). Actively attends train-the-trainer sessions or
reviews materials and collaborates with colleagues to become proficient.
Assist in learning related projects and acts as a lead and SME when appropriate.
Ability to work with ambiguity in a fast moving, dynamic environment.
- This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities
that are required for this position. The employee may be asked to perform other duties and responsibilities,
Education / Knowledge / Experience:
- A minimum of three years in Learning & Development or four years at another Travel Management Company * Certified in BCD Travel's Mastering the Virtual Classroom Program * Fluent on a minimum of two GDSs * Can facilitate a variety of subjects including soft skills and technical skills across departments * Expert, hands-on knowledge of all aspects of the travel reservation process and technology products, including airline GDS * Thorough understanding of BCD Travel front-mid-and back-office processes * Basic understanding of the instructional design process (ADDIE) * Competency in Word, Outlook and PowerPoint * Proven ability to effectively work with multiple departments across an organization * Can identify the business outcome and potential measurements * Can work with a variety of SME levels to create materials *bilingual English/Spanish
- Experience working with Excel, a LMS, social learning platforms * Experience in blended learning solutions (formal, informal, eLearning, self-directed, social, etc.) * Previous experience working in a global environment
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled