Citi Senior Process Control Analyst in Costa Rica
Primary Location: Costa Rica
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Job Function: Finance
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: No
Job ID: 17043392
The Process Control Lead Analyst will report into the (Center) Head of Risk and Control for Financial and Risk Shared Services (FRSS). This position will support Global Initiatives and audits. Additional control related activities will include, but not limited to, Corrective Action Plans, redesign and establishment of Key Risk indicators utilizing a variety of management metrics and tools. Duties include:
- Support the coordination, tracking and reporting of all Audit related engagements and deliverables both internal and external, including SOX deliverables to assist KPMG with annual SOX audit and related activities.
- Develop metrics of audit universe and corrective action plans. I.e. heat maps, dashboards, Senior Management packages, etc.
- Work on standardize of Risk and Control processes at a FRSS product level as needed in the center which can pertain to Continuity of Business, MCA, EUC, eDCFC and other control activities.
- Work and provide Global training and guidance supporting the Regional Process Leads and teams.
- Monitor, track and report control related initiatives, audit activities, corrective actions and communicate to staff & management about status, due dates, etc.
- Co-ordinate and support the opening of Corrective Action Plans.
- Co-ordinate periodic reporting; analyze self-assessment and audit results; and assist in formulating effective remedial solutions
- Support the alignment of the FSS internal self-assessment program (MCA) with business monitoring and audit related focus activities.
- Establish and maintain effective customer focused working relationships with managers, customers, audit partners and other colleagues during the course of work.
- Ensure departmental processes and procedures are current and assist management with reengineering efforts, as needed.
- Participate in Reengineering and Risk and Control process review tandem deep dives, as needed.
- Work with FRSS business units to ensure they adhere to policies and procedures and regulatory requirements, with respect to Control and Operational Risk practices. To include; preparation, review and updating detailed controls, process and risk documentation of business processes.
-Evaluate exposure of key control deficiencies and ensure management has effective and timely control remediation plans and perform assessment and document the effectiveness of FRSS’s overall control framework.
-Maintain knowledge in effective business process internal controls, including COSO risk and internal control framework and develop educational and training materials to individuals in the FRSS Organization.
- Prepare clear, concise and accurate documentation, reports of work performed and other written materials; read, interpret, explain and apply critical thinking.
- Assist the line managers and the Center Head to identify Risk and Control gaps/ weaknesses, analyze root cause, and develop robust and practical corrective action plans to improve the quality and effectiveness of the control environment.
- Provide support to Risk and Control Management in the implementation of Citi wide initiatives and projects including key corporate policies and procedures.
- The Control Analyst must have the ability to comprehend various operational processes, analyze and test controls and make recommendations for improvement to the FRSS control environment.
The ideal candidate will have highly analytical, management and communication skills.
To qualify for this position you must have a minimum of 5 to 7 years of experience in risk advisory, operational risk, compliance, and/or internal control related reporting functions within the banking industry and the following:
Strong Presentation skills – Create presentation and comfortable with public speaking across various forums
BS Business Administration, Finance or Accounting, or equivalent experience
Strong knowledge of risks and controls for Financial Services companies.
Sense of urgency
Advance English, Effective communication (written and verbal) and be able to present information to various levels of management
Experience with applying principles, methods and techniques in the design and operation of process controls and their system components; including business process and entity relationship analysis
Ability to comprehend compliance policies, processes and guidelines with proficiency in risk and control related practices.
Capable of providing leadership in optimization and efficiencies in control practices for the business as well as and derive solutions to meet R&C framework.
Ability to develop new ideas and improving current processes and proactively engages business and functional managers to mitigate risks.
Experience with process flows.
Requires a collegial and service oriented demeanor
Ability to challenge existing conventions within FRSS
Able to identify trends and themes from high volume information sources and synthesize reports for easy consumption of senior business managers.
Skilled at building partnerships across functions and regions; collaborates well with others with experience working in cross-cultural global teams.
Project management experience a plus
Audit certification a plus
Sound critical thinking and analytical skills
Thinks strategically and articulates concepts clearly.
Ability to adapt in a changing environment