Citi Risk Operations Analyst 4 in Costa Rica
Primary Location: Costa Rica
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Job Function: Risk Management
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: No
Job ID: 17052629
Citibank has designed a process to conduct due diligence on certain clients. The program includes review of transaction activity and necessary “Know Your Customer” information.
Citi is seeking an Enhanced Due Diligence (EDD) Analyst that can successfully analyze transaction activity associated with identified high risk clients based on a client’s profile. Reviews include analysis of “Know Your Customer” information in order to successfully complete the requirements of Citi’s Enhanced Due Diligence program from an AML perspective. Specific responsibilities vary and may involve reviewing a client’s account activity, statements, internet research, and client profile information, which may result in escalation of unusual activity to the corresponding teams. Internal and external customer contact may be required. Primary focus is review of domestic consumer cases and supports of complex Know your Customer processes.
This person’s main responsibility is to properly manage the overall team performance. The selected candidate will be required to continuously look for ways to improve the current process and share best practices with senior leadership. Participating in senior leadership meetings to analyze documentation and processes to ensure risks and control points are properly addressed. The selected candidate will also be required to assist senior level management in gathering data and information for executive level reporting and to take ownership of specified projects and tasks. Other responsibilities may include workflow management and direct oversight and leadership of other analysts.
This position requires excellent written and verbal communication skills that may involve presentations to direct and senior level management. The selected candidate will at times be heavily involved in leading/participating in intermediate level projects. Candidate will also maintain excellent organizational and time management skills with a high level focus on attention to detail and accuracy.
• People management skills
• Results and quality oriented
• Demonstrated success articulating and delivering findings on AML high risk behaviors and KYC data
• High Level analytical research and investigative skill set including experience with background checks/intelligence/customer research/transactional analysis
• High level of analytical skills and complex problem-solving
• Excellent planning and organizational skills
• Strong PC skills (Microsoft Office with emphasis on Excel)
• Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to summarize findings and present in a clear concise manner to peers, direct and senior level management
• Ability to contribute, support, and lead efforts to achieve department/ business unit goals, up to and including recommendations to changes in policy and procedures resulting from review findings, participate in leadership level meetings, and quality assurance review of analyst case work
• Assists leadership with escalating potential compliance driven risks
• Assists leadership with additional duties such as special projects, time driven deliverables, and customer escalations
• Operational leadership and diplomacy skills
Minimum 2+ years ofexperience in related roles , AML Investigations or Operational Risk experience
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience