Citi Regulatory Reporting Junior Analyst in Costa Rica
Primary Location: Costa Rica
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Job Function: Finance
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: No
Job ID: 17047908
The Corp. and Regulatory Reporting Analyst is mainly responsible to provide financial support to Regional Offices, CFO's, Controllers and Finance personnel by compiling financial data and preparing Corporate & Regulatory Reporting according to US Regulators.
Main attraction: Opportunity to develop knowledge in international financial markets and banking, its policies and regulations. Department provides growth opportunities and talent development
Key responsibilities will span a number of ongoing business areas as required. Description of role includes, but is not limited to:
• Responsible for Quarterly processing and reconciliation of Balance Sheet and Income Statement accounts and other lines as needed to calculate and prepare the Q-Memo Report
• Responsible to read and implement the changes requested from the Corporate Group on a QTR basis (Account communication)
• Responsible for providing corresponding explanations and backup to the responsible of the business.
• Validate Financial US GAAP on a Quarterly basis to build Regulatory Reports (Medium to high Complexity) applicable to a business or Country.
• This person will be responsible to review and clear edit checks and dimension restrictions for Q-Memo, Cash Flow and Fas107 reporting and clearing of reconciliation breaks between CRC/ Full Suite / local FDL and FRS
• Coordinate with various business and functional units to complete data gathering or any other detail needed by corporate.
• Address all the inconsistencies found in the validation data process.
• Answer baseline questions from internal customers, referring and participating in resolution of more complex issues discovered.
• Troubleshoot tools such as spreadsheets, data bases, and online portals when errors came out.
• Take ownership of the assigned process and address the questions trough the existing area experts.
• Accomplish the existing tied deadlines and prioritize the workflow accordingly.
• Quarterly External Reporting Support Compliance for Controllers - analysis vs previous Period and quality explanations
• Quality Checks Monthly variance from FRS
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or related field
• Minimum 4 Years’ Experience working in Financial Institution or an accounting environment. Citi experience preferred.
• Proven knowledge and domain of key financial concepts such as income statements, balance sheet, cash flow, variations and trends
• MS Excel proficiency, advanced level
• Advanced English
• Well-developed communication skills, both oral and written
• Ability to execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
• Willingness to work flexible hours
• Detail oriented
• Able to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment
• Master’s Degree in Finance or related field
• Knowledge of US GAAP policies
• MS Access proficiency / Share Point knowledge
• Minimum 4/5+ years relevant experience in financial analysis and reporting and /or financial services is beneficial
• Must be able to think analytically and have a desire to learn about Citigroup's businesses.
• Strong interpersonal and written communication skills.