Citi Regulatory Reporting Analyst in Costa Rica
Primary Location: Costa Rica
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Job Function: Finance
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: No
Job ID: 17056146
The Corp. and Regulatory Reporting Analyst is mainly responsible to provide financial support to Regional Offices, CFO's, Controllers and Finance personnel by compiling financial data and preparing Corporate & Regulatory Reporting according to US Regulators.
Main attraction: Opportunity to develop knowledge in international financial markets and banking, its policies and regulations. Department provides growth opportunities and talent development
Key responsibilities will span a number of ongoing business areas as required. Description of role includes, but is not limited to:
§Responsible for Quarterly processing and reconciliation of Balance Sheet and Income Statement accounts and other lines as needed to calculate and prepare the Q-Memo Report
§Responsible to read and implement the changes requested from the Corporate Group on a QTR basis (Account communication)
§Responsible for providing corresponding explanations and backup to the responsible of the business.
§Validate Financial US GAAP on a Quarterly basis to build Regulatory Reports (Medium to high Complexity) applicable to a business or Country.
§This person will be responsible to review and clear edit checks and dimension restrictions for Q-Memo, Cash Flow and Fas107 reporting and clearing of reconciliation breaks between CRC/ Full Suite / local FDL and FRS
§Coordinate with various business and functional units to complete data gathering or any other detail needed by corporate.
§Address all the inconsistencies found in the validation data process.
§Answer baseline questions from internal customers, referring and participating in resolution of more complex issues discovered.
§Troubleshoot tools such as spreadsheets, data bases, and online portals when errors came out.
§Take ownership of the assigned process and address the questions trough the existing area experts.
§Accomplish the existing tied deadlines and prioritize the workflow accordingly.
§Quarterly External Reporting Support Compliance for Controllers - analysis vs previous Period and quality explanations
§Quality Checks Monthly variance from FRS
· Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Economic, Accounting or related field
· Minimum 4 Years’ Experience working in Financial Institution or an accounting environment. Citi experience preferred .
· Proven knowledge and domain of key financial concepts such as income statements, balance sheet, cash flow, variations and trends
· MS Excel proficiency, advanced level
· English Advance
· Well-developed communication skills, both oral and written
· Ability to execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
· Willingness to work flexible hours
· Detail oriented
· Able to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment
· Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Economic, Accounting or related field
· Knowledge of US GAAP policies preferred
· MS Access proficiency / Share Point knowledge
· Minimum 4/5+ years relevant experience in financial analysis and reporting and /or financial services is beneficial
· Must be able to think analytically and have a desire to learn about Citigroup's businesses.
· Strong interpersonal and written communication skills.