Citi Regional KYC Senior Compliance Officer in Costa Rica
Primary Location: Costa Rica
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Job Function: Compliance and Control
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job ID: 17061157
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi’s Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients’ and the public’s trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
This critical position in the Regional KYC team is required to oversee the global execution of the KYC program across the Businesses in North America. The regional KYC Compliance Officer will liaise between the Business, Global KYC and ACRM teams and monitor the execution of the KYC Program in NAM as part of the Second Line of Defense.
· Assist in the execution of OneKYC program across the region and support the NAM businesses through defining and clarifying KYC Policy and standards, Interim Compensating Controls (ICCs), Interim Procedures (IPs) and Extensions
· Develop and maintain a strong working relationship with the Business and Operations departments to identify and resolve KYC-related issues
· Review ICCs, IPs and system issues to ensure Business is executing the appropriate control as agreed in the KYC Policy and Standards Sub-Committee
· Assist in reviewing and approving KYC-related Business procedures
· Assist in reviewing, approving and delivering (when needed) KYC-related training for the Business Support Units
· Provide guidance, clarifications and answer queries to Business on matters related to CitiKYC as a system SME
· Advise Business when needed on CitiKYC changes and enhancements
· Review and analyze metrics related to key measurements of KYC execution
· Act as second line of defense; participate in Business KYC forums to oversee the execution and health of the KYC program in NAM
· Manage AML KYC team located on-site; coordinate with colleagues in the various Business Support Units locations to ensure consistency across
· Review and escalate significant KYC/AML issues and activities to senior management
• Bachelor's Degree strongly preferred; or equivalent experience
• 6+ years of relevant experience
• Experienced in Global Know Your Customer (KYC) Policy and related standards
• Project involvement as leader, business analyst or SME
• Supported design and/or implementation of process changes
• Worked at global financial institutions, major consulting firm, AML Software vendors or government agency
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Advanced knowledge of MS Excel and PowerPoint