CooperVision Process Improver in Costa Rica
CooperVision®, Inc., a unit of The Cooper Companies, Inc. (NYSE: COO), is one of the world's leading manufacturers of soft contact lenses. The Company produces a full array of monthly, two-week and daily disposable contact lenses, all featuring advanced materials and optics. CooperVision has a strong heritage of solving the toughest vision challenges; such as astigmatism, presbyopia and ocular dryness; and offers the most complete collection of spherical, toric and multifocal products available.
Through a combination of innovative products and focused practitioner support, the company brings a refreshing perspective to the marketplace, thereby creating real advantages for customers and wearers.
From our extensive network of facilities in 12 countries across five continents, CooperVision distributes high-quality lenses virtually everywhere contact lenses are worn.
JOB TITLE: Process Improver
Continuously improves the performance of existing manufacturing processes and equipment through a structured approach.
• Coordinating production improvements implementation.
• Creating troubleshooting guidelines and/or applicable SOPs and equipment maintenance and repair.
• Identifying possible causes of variation/ failure/ under performance for Mft.
• Document diagnostics, solution method and impact in troubleshooting for Mft.
• Measuring Process KPIs for improvement.
• Analyzing through a structured approach to identify root causes.
• Improving Process KPIs performance.
• Developing control mechanism to ensure Process KPIs consistency.
• Designing and Coordinating Engineering Tests/ Q's.
• Executing Engineering Tests/ Q's.
• Documenting and Reporting Results of Engineering Tests/ Q's.
• Assuring Readiness of Manufacturing Requirements for the Product Transfer.
• Receiving and Implementing Product and Equipment Transfer.
• Observing, Analyzing, Documenting & Recommending the Start-up of Product Transfer.
• Assuring Operator and BU's resources have the Skills and knowledge coming from change due to Optimizations.
• Implementation of Optimization Efforts.
• Defining Mft. equipment maintenance requirements.
• Developing TPM/ PM/ PDM procedures for Mft. Equipment.
• Verifying TPM/ PM/ PDM tasks effectiveness in Mft.
• Ensuring correct resources are acting upon situation for Equipment Repair.
• Correcting troubles in Mft. under performance situation using troubleshooting guidelines and/or applicable SOPs.
• Measuring Equipment Efficiency.
• Identifying Opportunities for Improvements in Equipment Performance.
• Implementing Equipments Upgrades and Optimization Changes.
• Writing Validation Documentation and Test Protocols.
• Documenting all Equipment Changes.
• Assuring Compliance with Laws & Regulations.
• Generation of Purchases Requisition.
• Submitting Scope and Approve Projects.
• Submitting Documentation for Safety Compliance, New Equipment Calibrations, Calibration extensions and Preventive Maintenance.
• Systems & Equipment PM's SOP's Revisions/ Improvements.
• Evaluating Needs for Infrastructure Projects and Start-ups.
• Submitting MSDS as Required.
/KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES/
• Knowledge of FDA current GMP/QSR regulation.
• Fully bilingual (Excellent oral and written communication skills in both English and Spanish languages).
• Project Management Skills.
• Teamwork and service oriented.
• Effective leadership.
• Computer literate (PowerPoint, Word, Excel).
• Working knowledge of fundamentals of Lean Manufacturing.
• Willing to Travel.
• Generally works in a closed environment, in office conditions, with moderate level of noise and controllable changes of temperature.
• Needs to stand, walk and may be seated for a long period of time.
• Uses hands to feel, handle and reach.
• Works with a personal computer and programs to prepare documents or reports.
• Applies communication skills (advanced reading, writing, and technical skills) and mathematical concepts knowledge to perform work and coordinate with others.
• Needs to have high analytical capacity and level of professionalism and judgement to resolve problems.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Industrial, Chemical, Mechanical, Electrical) or related field
• Engineering-In-Training (EIT) licensed highly desirable.
• Zero to two of experience in the industry with similar responsibilities (medical devices/pharmaceutical highly desirable).
CooperVision®, Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/D/V
Title: Process Improver
Location: Costa Rica
Requisition ID: COS0052