Amazon.com Trilingual AP Manager in San Jose, Costa Rica
The AP Manager is responsible for smooth operations of WW Vendor Payables operations, which includes Vendor-setup, Inventory, Non-Inventory and Other Vendor Payables activities. This position will be responsible for a vertical in Accounts Payable Operations including: hiring, training, and employee development; managing group workload and establishing priorities; ensuring existing policies and procedures are followed; managing annual performance targets and operating budget; creating and monitoring appropriate performance metrics. This position will also act as an escalation point in resolving complex outstanding issues with internal and external business partners.
The successful candidate will have a strong desire in innovating processes and exceed expectations in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, primarily driving innovation on behalf of customers / vendors.
• CA, CPA or CWA, with 5+ or more years of post-qualification experience in Shared Services, Accounts Payable
• Past experience in effectively managing groups of at least 40 associates.
• Strong Customer focus (both Internal / External).
• A work ethic based on a strong desire to exceed expectations.
• Strong interpersonal skills — including written and oral communication skills.
• Experience using Oracle Financial Applications (Preferred)
• 5-7 Years AP & AR Experience and reconciliation
• Good Excel Knowledge and Communication Skills.
• Contact Mgmt Experience.
• Project Management
•Minimum 7 Years of Total Experience in Big Corporates
•3 Years in a Supervisory Role
• Leading and developing a team of circa +15 AP Analysts/AP Specialists
• Drive development and expansion of systems and processes required to execute on-time payments to Vendors
• Owns defining / adhering to policies related to AP and drive consistency with entities globally.
• Solving complex customer/vendor issues and proactively heading off negative service trends. Understanding and correctly utilizing resources provided by internal systems, departments, policies, and procedures.
• Build and monitor performance metrics, with principal focus on ensuring on-time payments, cost out initiatives and estimating future headcount growth by country
• Drive the expansion of self-service functionality in order to improve vendor experience and reduce manual processes
• Maintain weekly and monthly communications and metrics reporting with Director and VP level business partners in Digital business and finance teams.
• Developing, modifying and maintaining the operational and design effectiveness of internal controls
• Partnering with Internal Audit
• Lead cross functional systems and process improvement initiatives
AMZR Req ID: 563863
External Company Name: Amazon
External Company URL: www.amazon.com