Microsoft Corporation Support Engineer in San Jose, Costa Rica
Do you love technology, troubleshooting, and being the hero? Do you want to work with some of Microsoft Customers biggest customer building their mission-critical applications on Azure? If so come and join our team, our customers are building their most important solutions on Azure and are working with exciting technologies ranging from traditional IaaS solutions to highly scalable PaaS services including Service Bus, Redis Cache, Advanced API management, and our microservices platform Azure Service Fabric. In additional to that we are working with customers who are just starting to take advantage of some of the newest and most exciting Serverless architecture available in Azure. This is including work with Azure Batch, Functions, and Cognitive Services which are adding more personalized and intelligent features into applications with just a few lines of code.
As a Support Engineer on the Azure PAAS Dev POD team within Global Business Support, you will work directly with developer customers who range from small software developers to global Fortune 100 corporations. You will be a member of an elite team that solves the most challenging Microsoft Azure cloud service problems. You will work with other engineers to debug, troubleshoot, correct code, and help resolve customer issues. You will document solutions and work with the operations team and product groups to improve Microsoft Azure services.
Leverage the people and resources put at your disposition to speed the resolution of the customer’s issue. Time is of the essence in the cloud. Analyze customers’ Azure problems and develop solutions to meet their needs. This will involve debugging, troubleshooting, correcting code, and taking responsibility to see that the issue is fully resolved.
Communicate technically complex information with Microsoft’s developer customers via email, telephone, and electronic services. Working with customers when their site is down requiring calm empathy. Results will be measured via customer surveys.
Continually learn technologies and develop deep expertise then share that knowledge with the team. The objective is to grow into a subject matter expert in one of the many areas of Microsoft Azure: compute, storage, cache, or service bus.
Document work completed, and time spent on customer issues. Create advanced technical content including Blog articles, samples, and training.
Provide actionable feedback to the engineering teams by isolating software bugs, surfacing customer pain points, and collecting customer suggestions.
Participate actively in regular technical triage meetings to share knowledge with other engineers to help quickly resolve their customer issues.
This position requires collaboration with customers and Microsoft employees including: managers, support engineers, account managers, operations, and product development teams.
• Candidates must have a four-year degree in C.S. or E.E. or equivalent applicable advanced certification.
• Candidates must have excellent written and spoken English skills including the ability to provide clear instructions and communicate complex technical information effectively.
• Must be able to work both independently and in a team environment.
• Strong problem solving skills are essential, including the ability to debug applications written in native or managed code.
• Networking skills, and cloud development are a definite positive.
• A strong working knowledge of web services and technologies is essential.
• 2 years’ experience developing with C++ or C#
• 1-year experience debugging code (WINdbg, Visual Studio Debugger)
• 1-year experience with Linux, Mac, Java, PHP, Node.js, Python or Ruby is also desired.
• 1-year experience with ASP.Net, IIS
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. Services (engineering)