Microsoft Corporation Support Engineer Dynamics in San Jose, Costa Rica
Are you ready to be part of the Cloud Movement and join a team of the world’s best Microsoft Dynamics 365 troubleshooters to enable the success of the Microsoft Dynamics CRM on the Cloud?
You will have a chance to solve technically complex problems in a fast-paced, high-growth product area. As a trusted advisor to our customers and partners, you will have influence over the implementation and administration of multi-million dollar configurations. Expect to work closely with other Support Engineers to integrate cross-product solutions. Your technical and relationship skills are critical to the success of the Microsoft Dynamics CRM solution and the customer’s perception of value.
As a Microsoft Dynamics CRM Support Engineer (SE), you are a technical leader and will be driving the discovery of potentially unique solutions for each customer situation as part of a team. We’ll provide you with abundant resources, including training, advanced diagnostic tools, the Microsoft Dynamics CRM product group, and the experience of tenured engineers around you. You can collaborate and help your colleagues by sharing the results of your investigation. In this professional role, your contribution and overall impact is self-directed and the opportunities are plentiful.
Troubleshooting at this level is not scripted. You will be responsible to resolve potentially unique solution for each of your customer’s situations. While troubleshooting, you may uncover software defects and have opportunities to improve the customer experience as well as to influence the current and future design of Microsoft Dynamics CRM by working directly with the product team. Our continuous learning environment expects that you will develop ever increasing depth skills as a subject matter expert. You will become the world’s best in your area of expertise.
This position will require you to work a rotational On-Call schedule. You may have the opportunity for some occasional domestic and or international travel.
• Be part of a team and develop your skills as you solve complex technical issues in Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
• Manage relationships with your customers and provide technical documentation for the troubleshooting steps.
• Report software bugs and be an advocate for product improvement using customer suggestions.
• Develop specialized expertise by supporting Microsoft Dynamics CRM. Document your knowledge and share that knowledge with others.
• Use tools for debugging and root cause analysis.
• Provide in-depth technical support for customer service delivery via telephone, written correspondence, or electronic service regarding technically complex, escalated problems.
• Engage and collaborate with other Microsoft groups, including escalation teams and the development team, in gaining resolution to critical, complex issues.
• Provide exceptional customer service in politically charged environments.
• Represent Microsoft professionally in customer and partner onsite visits, where travel may be required.
• Create advanced online technical content including Knowledge Base articles, training documents, blogs, etc.
• Participate in planned team-wide shift rotations to cover business needs, including 24x7 “On-Call” responsibilities and extended (evening shift).
• Present technical content to various audiences including customers, partners, and internal stakeholders.
Qualifications (Not all skills are required; some are good to have)
• English Language: fluent in reading, writing and speaking. If English is not native language, proficiency test results is a plus (e.g. TOEFL, TOEIC, Cambridge English Exams, etc.)
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft SQL Databases (T-SQL, Indexes, Stored Procedures, etc.) ad Active Directory
• A good understanding of IIS, troubleshooting website issues/HTTP responses.
• Ability to troubleshoot networking issues, database or scripting issues using tools like Message Analyzer, SQL Profiler and browser debugger etc.
• Experience in troubleshooting .NET based web applications, troubleshooting and tuning application performance issues
• Programming skills are useful but not required- preferably ability to read and understand code written in C++, C#, J-Script and other Microsoft .Net technology.
• Strong debugging skills desired but not required, e.g. ability to read and analyze network traces, fiddler, SQL trace, etc.
Solution/customization knowledge in both CRM Online and CRM On-Premises (back to 2011 for legacy implementations).
• Exposure and experience working with customers on Microsoft Cloud products such as Azure, Office 365, or Microsoft CRM is preferred but not required.
• Strong customer service skills, accurate and logical problem solving, and communication skills, plus the ability to work in a team environment.
• Interpersonal and relationship skills proven through work experience
• Passion for lifelong learning and personal and professional development.
• Three or more year’s industry experience with Microsoft stack technologies.
• Current Microsoft IT Certification preferred (Ex. MCSE, MCSA, MCSD, MCTS (Dynamics CRM)
Degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Computer Engineering (preferred)
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.