Microsoft Corporation Sr Business Program Mgr in San Jose, Costa Rica
Location: San Jose, Costa Rica
Overview: Microsoft Services, with over 21,500 employees worldwide, is dedicated to delivering on Microsoft’s mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. We are the voice of support services, the trusted advisor of consulting services, and the source of the world’s best enterprise strategies. Simply put, Services helps customers and partners get the most out of their technology investments. For more information, visit www.microsoft.com/Services.
Job Purpose: Global Proposal Services supports Sales in winning new business, especially the most complex, highest revenue, strategic deals. Using your bid/proposal development expertise, you’ll have the opportunity to work with global pursuit teams across technology solutions, driving project teams and crafting persuasive stories, proposals, and presentations for our Commercial and Public Sector customers. Success means new revenue for the business, and improvements to deal quality and deal velocity.
• Dual role as Lead of Americas Proposal Development and Proposal Manager for large complex deals
• Lead the Americas Bid/Proposal function (as an Individual Contributor) with Vendor Management responsibilities and contractors reporting to you. Report to Director, Bids/Proposals. Evaluate and assign pursuits to team resources. Manage reporting and metrics.
• Partner with global pursuit teams across technology solutions, driving project teams and crafting persuasive stories, proposals, and presentations for our Commercial and Public Sector customers.
• Drive the development and delivery of customer-ready high-quality, compliant and responsive bid and proposal documents such as budgetary estimates, proposals, RFP responses, sales presentations, or Statements of Work (SOW).
• Work in fast-paced environment and meet tight deadlines as proposal turnaround times could be 2-4 weeks and up to 4 months.
• Work remotely and manage remote teams. Occasional travel for leadership meetings or complex pursuits.
Knowledge, experience and skills
Here is what we would like you to bring to this role:
• 7-15 years of experience in bid/proposal development.
• Working knowledge of capture planning
• Past success in demonstrating your ability to work effectively with multiple teams and stakeholders while generating energy, creating clarity and delivering results to the team and broader organization
• Experience in training
• Expertise in Professional Services Industry (Support, Consulting, Sales, Operations).
• Proven effective written and verbal communication skills.
• Advanced Microsoft Office skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Word).
• Able to travel as needed, domestically and internationally, up to 25%
• BS/BA degree.
• Knowledge of APMP and other certifications
• Organized; able to manage effectively and prioritize multiple proposals/projects at a time.
• Ability to transform interviews/raw data into proposal text.
• Flexible/willing to work off-hours to meet proposal deadlines.
• Aptitude for understanding technical information to support sales teams selling Microsoft Services
• Language skills: English and Spanish or Portuguese
Business programs & operations