Microsoft Corporation Costumer Lifecycle Manager in San Jose, Costa Rica
Microsoft Inside Sales
Licensing Sales Specialist / Customer Lifecycle Manager
Microsoft is empowering every person and every organization on the planet to do more and achieve more. We have set ourselves three bold ambitions: create more personal computing, reinvent productivity and business processes and build the intelligent cloud. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day.
As part of our transformation, one of our key areas of focus is the modernization of our sales motions. The WW Insides Sales (WWIS) organization is a newly formed organization with a charter to accelerate Microsoft’s growth in its cloud-first, mobile-first businesses along with the traditional businesses. This organization is at the forefront of establishing a new sales model leveraging modern technology and big data and analytics to drive impactful demand response and targeted sales coverage.
The Customer Lifecycle Manager (CLM), is an Inside Sales Operations professional who supports the execution of our Volume Licensing (VL) business. You are the main point of contact focused on validating and signing our Subsidiary Volume Licensing Agreements, ensuring they are submitted (accurately and timely) to our Microsoft Regional Operations Centers for processing & invoicing. In addition, you will carry authorization to execute post contract signature agreement solutions. In partnership with our Licensing Sales teams you will work with subsidiary sales teams to ensure our agreements are executed. You will identify opportunities to reduce pre-and post-sales issues. You will liaise with various teams such as Credit & Collections, Finance, and Operations, representing our Volume Licensing business. You will work with the Regional Operations Centers to support resolution of issues or delays in processing Volume Licensing contracts & orders and will engage stakeholders at the local sales subsidiary as needed. You will manage the fiscal close process with the Regional Operations Center, tracking deal processing and liaising between the subsidiary and Operations Center to resolve issues for smooth processing. You will be measured on execution metrics that ensure on-time and quality deals. You will have an insatiable appetite to continuously learn as well as enthusiasm to work as part of the broader licensing community.
Examples of your business impact activities:
• Validate completeness & quality of direct Volume Licensing Agreements. Sign contracts on behalf of Microsoft and submit to the Regional Operations Center for processing & invoice.
• Enable customer agreement and revenue processing throughout contract lifecycle.
• Manage the fiscal close process with the Regional Operations center in relation to Volume Licensing. Liaise with the Licensing Sales Specialist and Operations Centers for any issues and delays on contract & order processing to solve issues.
• Triage queries and issues on Volume Licensing from Subsidiary sales and Operations teams. Liaise with Finance and other teams, ensuring proper controls and compliance are in place addressing issues related to our contracts. Identify and share learnings for improvements.
• Solve and define opportunities for improvement in Volume Licensing post-sales experience for customers, partners and field sales teams and share to drive improvements.
• Be the point of contact for Finance, Credit & Collections, Operations and other teams for Volume Licensing queries and issues.
• Contribute to territory planning and drive partner engagement throughout the sales process.
• Drive Account penetration for volume licensing including Enterprise agreement attach / re-attach and cross-sell / up-sell opportunities, by designing and providing Microsoft Volume Licensing Solutions to Large Organizations and also supporting license compliancy initiatives.
• Provide licensing consultation (e.g. negotiating tactics, up-selling scenarios) to account and / or opportunity strategies in collaboration with the sales team and stakeholders
• Define, drive and execute on negotiation strategies and tactics while managing exceptions within “Field Empowerment” and work with Business Desk for beyond Field Empowerment scenarios.
• Coach sellers and partner ecosystem to close deals self-sufficiently and close new annuity deals
• Develop financial analyses for customers, including MS financing scenarios (where applicable), TCO Analysis and Cost Savings through acquisition and deployment of Microsoft technology.
• Contribute to the licensing community and WWLP (World Wide Licensing & Pricing) by sharing best practices and insights on how to close Licensing Annuity Business.
• Work in a fast-paced, collaborative and dynamic teaming environment with Inside Opportunity Executives to effectively manage opportunities and pipeline through the sales cycle
• Present action plans and results to management and use appropriate escalation techniques to stay on top of goals and objectives
• Obsess over Microsoft’s customers and prospects to deliver a world-class customer engagement experience
• BA required.
• Field of Study: Business, Management, IT, Commercial Sales.
• Project Management certification; Six Sigma, PRINCE.
• Sales processes and methodologies training as per Industry Standard.
• Experience in reporting using Excel and/or Business Intelligence Applications.
• Ability to solve problems and creative thinker.
• Proven ability to work to deadlines.
• Microsoft Certified Professional(MCP) certifications: Designing and Providing Microsoft Volume Licensing Solutions to Large Organizations.
• 3+ years of sales, business, licensing analysis experience, preferably in the software industry.
• Experience in negotiation of licensing terms and contract management required.
• In-depth and strategic understanding of Microsoft licensing programs will be essential and is preferred but not required at hiring
• Positive attitude and a passion for working with customers and partners
• Excellent and demonstrated communication and presentation skills and problem-solving abilities; ability to project manage effectively (identify needs, craft solution, drive to results); effective collaboration skills.
• Demonstrated planning expertise given complex environments; ability to juggle multiple projects and priorities and re-prioritize as necessary to align with current business objectives.
• Strong interpersonal skills, excellent oral, written and verbal communications skills. Ability to successfully communicate with contacts via the phone, email, video and presentations.
• Passion for cloud technologies and changing the world
• Proven understanding of our Microsoft Volume Licensing Enterprise Agreement and execution processes.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status.