Amazon.com Sr. Business Analyst, Customer Service (CS) in Lagunilla, Costa Rica
Are you passionate about leveraging data to deliver actionable insight that impacts daily business decision of Amazon? If so, Amazon Customer Service (CS) is looking for a talented Sr. Business Analyst to join the Amazon Customer Excellence System (ACES) team in Heredia, Costa Rica.
This role requires an individual with intense curiosity, excellent analytical abilities, deep knowledge of business intelligence solutions as well as a passion for problem-solving. Ideally, you are comfortable with ambiguity and enjoy working in a fast-paced dynamic environment. This is a perfect position for someone who loves data and statistics.
You will access and work with large amounts of data in order to discover and solve real world problems. You will be responsible for understanding the health of Customer Service and make data-driven recommendations to change processes, policies, and tools in order to improve the experience of thousands of Amazon customers who contact Customer Service every year.
• Develop data and statistical analyses to uncover areas of opportunity and present verbal and written recommendations to senior management and stakeholders across the organization.
• Build new metrics and reports – or enhance existing ones – by which CS operations manages its performance.
• Learn and understand a broad range of Amazon’s data resources and know how, when, and which to use.
• Deep dive into massive data sets to answer key business questions using SQL, R, and other data manipulation languages.
• Build scalable database solutions when required.
• Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Business, or related field.
• 4+ years of relevant experience in data analysis, research, forecasting, or similar work.
• Able to write SQL queries to extract large data from large-scale, complex databases (both accurately and efficiently).
• Strong experience with statistical analysis and data mining.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills. The role requires effective communication with senior leadership and stakeholders from different backgrounds (business, computer science, etc.).
• Master’s degree or higher in Statistics, Mathematics, or related field.
• Experience using statistical software such as R, SAS, SPSS, or Minitab.
• Proficiency with Tableau and Microsoft Excel to manipulate data and create formulas, charts, pivot tables, macros, etc.
AMZR Req ID: 557435
External Company URL: www.amazon.com