VMware Technical Support Engineer (English, Spanish, Portuguese) in Heredia, Costa Rica
Engineers support over 250,000 companies running VMware servers in over 100 different countries. They support the entire suite of VMware products for global customers and partners, interfacing with them via the phone, email, and web. They resolve customer technical issues through diligent research, reproduction and troubleshooting by utilizing system administration, networking and storage skills. Managers of Technical Support are responsible for managing highly skilled technical support teams. They work closely with the Senior Management team, Engineering, Sales, and Product Marketing teams to ensure that VMware is delivering overall superior service and support to our customers.
· Respond to customer inquiries, primarily by telephone and e-mail
· Work flexible schedules, which may include evenings, weekends or holidays
· Resolve customer technical issues through diligent research, reproduction, and troubleshooting
· Work directly with other technical support staff, quality assurance, engineering, sales, marketing, operations, and administration to resolve problems
· Document all technical inquiries, develop and review content for knowledgebase
· Experienced in troubleshooting Windows (MCSE/MCP).
· Experience with Server Management Software (HP Insight Manager, IBM Director, Dell Open Manage).
· Experience in troubleshooting Linux or UNIX and providing technical support to customers.
· Experience in LAN/WAN environments.
· Experience with kernel (Linux) or registry (Windows) configuration and debugging.
· Experience with trouble-shooting hardware related issues.
· Experience Troubleshooting 3rd party application integration.
· Experience Troubleshooting Operating system support.
· Experience Performance troubleshooting.
· Minimum 3+ years experience in software and hardware
· Working knowledge of Microsoft platforms, devices, and networking
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Case/Customer Management skills
· Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
· Exceptional collaboration skills and a passion for problem solving
· B.S. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Math, or equivalent work experience
· Must have trilingual fluency in Spanish / English / Portuguese
Highly Preferred Skills
· Experience in SAN/NAS environments administration and configuration (Netapp, EMC, DELL, HP, IBM)
· Understanding of backup and recovery applications (Backup Exec, Netbackup, AVAMAR, Veeam Backup)
· Understanding of storage concepts and protocols (SCSI, iSCSI, SAS, DAS, FC, FCOE, RAIDs, HBA, Fabrics)
· Experience with ESX Server and/or Virtual Center Server
· Experience with SQL query language
· Experience with Remote Access Trouble-shooting
o WebEx or ILO cards
· Networking Knowledge
· Linux command-line skills and shell scripting and/or programming
· Experience in customization of Windows and/or Linux operating systems
· Experience with Servers (Dell, HP, IBM, etc)
· Experience with Server Management Software
· Experience with Domain integration – Active Directory
· Experience with firewalls and security related issues
· Background in System Administration
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.