VMware Sr Consultant EUC in Heredia, Costa Rica
As a VMware Sr. Consultant EUC, you will provide customers technical leadership in the design, installation, configuration, and implementation of VMware products and services for EUC. You will help to document best practices in developing and deploying VMware solutions, and feed them into our knowledge base of best practices got customers and partners. Services include (but not limited to) vSphere, Horizon, Workspace, Thinapp, Mirage, Airwatch and vROPs.
• Independently conduct enterprise engagements with customers
• Maintain current knowledge of the entire VMware product line
• Conduct pre-packaged VMware consulting solutions in a timely and effective manner
• Assist in the development of standard reusable VMware “productized” consulting service offerings, including definition of tasks, deliverables and standard estimates
• Help to document best practices in developing and deploying VMware solutions
• Relevant experience, including customer-facing and IT consulting experience with Service Providers customers highly desired.
• Strong technical knowledge of one or more VMware products: vSphere, vCloud Suite, vRealize Suite, vRealize Automation (vRA), vRealize Orchestrator (vRO), SRM, vCloud Director (vCD) or VMware Virtual SAN (vSAN)
• Experience with current software development methodologies, with emphasis on software and hardware architecture, and infrastructure design and development
• 5+ years experience in infrastructure architecture and design of complex distributed systems environments, including failover techniques, recovery/rollback, and application partitioning
• Understanding of storage architectures, including peripheral interfaces (SCSI, RAID, Ethernet) and multi-processor designs (SMP)
• Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
• Experience virtualizing enterprise applications (Exchange, SQL, ORACLE, Web servers, etc.)
• B.S./B.A./M.S. degree or equivalent technical training
** Ability to travel up to 50% of the time
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.