VMware Senior Deal Desk Analyst in Heredia, Costa Rica
Deal Desk Team Overview
The Deal Desk team is responsible for supporting ELA (Enterprise License Agreements) thorough standard flow process, from opportunity to booking stages in partnership with the account team. This role is part of the AMER Deal Desk team and will be located in VMware offices in Heredia, Costa Rica.
The Standard Workflow, managed by the Deal Desk team, supports established ELA Structures & the application of a Deal Desk playbook to solve more complex ELA transactions from inception to booking.
Deal Desk will review all Commercial, Business, Legal & Revenue requirements, to support the Field achieve the most favorable ELA construct for VMware, while delivering the most optimal customer solution.
The Deal Desk Analyst has ultimate responsibility for the day to day support of the AMER sales team in ELA & SPF transactions, and reports directly into the Manager for AMER Deal Desk. This role also frequently involves participation in cross functional teams and projects.
Key responsibilities of Deal Desk Analyst include:
• Ensure efficient execution of deals through standard flow process on an ongoing basis. Anticipate and align to support account teams business needs in successful execution of deals on a quarterly and annual basis.
• Continuous review of deal progression and collaboration with colleagues to ensure optimal deal cycle times and flawless execution.
• Build and maintain strong rapport and serve as key liaison & escalation point for America’s Management Team on ELA and deal related topics.
• Review Sales-proposed quotes, provide feedback and coaching, ensure compliance with published sales and business policies, and approve or reject/escalate quotes as needed based on policy and business judgment
• Own and manage the contract drafting process, generating standard documents and working with Legal and Finance to help Sales respond to customer feedback, including managing ‘redline’ changes leading up to customer acceptance
Act as primary and centralized point of contact for the management of activities related to VMware’s key commercial agreements, including the drafting and reviewing of terms and conditions
Identify contractual risks and issues, and apply pre-approved alternatives that lead to a win/win solution for both VMware and its customers
Communicate with internal teams and VMware’s customers to negotiate terms and conditions (and involving VMware’s legal department as necessary)
Involve VMware business functions as needed to efficiently and promptly address all contractual matters necessary to comply with company policies
• Validate customer purchase orders for approved Enterprise License Agreement quote documentation, prepare order entry documents & associated approval documentation packages to expedite order management processes
• Partner closely with IB, Legal, Deal Assurance/Revenue & DCT, Order management, Business Operations and Field Finance teams on standard flow process and all related tasks.
• Ensure close collaboration with Operations and Finance leads on deal status / progression, forecast accuracy etc.
• Participation and / or leadership of various internal projects related to core function.
• Ensure compliance with published sales and business approval policies and procedures
Skills, Experience and other Requirements:
• Previous Tech Industry, Deal Desk, Finance, Operations experience essential
• Proven track record in process optimization and ability to deliver results in challenging business environment
• Demonstrable experience in contracts management, including reviewing, drafting, managing and negotiating general commercial agreements (with an emphasis on software license agreements) while juggling multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent negotiator with strong influencing and problem solving skills as well as a mindset to conduct contract reviews and negotiations on a non-confrontational win-win basis
• Must be a self-starter, highly analytical, with sound decision-making skills
• Ability to prioritize at times of high volume and stress e.g. Quarter-End.
• Strong communication and positive interpersonal skills.
• Must have the ability to influence and work collaboratively at all levels of the organization, be comfortable advising senior sales management on key deals to support their business.
• Primary degree in commerce, business studies, finance or equivalent.
• Experience with software revenue recognition principles (SOP 97-2) is an advantage
• Intermediate / Advanced MS Excel skills required (macros and pivot tables preferred)
• Travel (including international) may be required
• Salesforce and Tableau experience highly advantageous
Before you join, VMware will require you to go through a pre-employment screening process. This means that we will want to verify your details and the information you have given us to ensure your suitability for a certain role considering its nature, seniority and other relevant factors.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.