VMware Project Manager, Software Defined Data Center as a Service in Heredia, Costa Rica
VMWare is seeking is seeking a highly motivated, results-oriented project manager for driving strategic global enablement programs for vCloud Air Network Service. Reporting to the Senior Manager PMO, Global Field & Partner Readiness, the Project Manager will be responsible for managing projects as designed to drive sales time to productivity; inclusive of global strategic solutions impacting our global field and partner audiences.
VMware has a fast-paced, rapidly growing environment and will require the ability to build relationships and respond to top business priorities by helping to implement sales enablement programs in a repeatable and scalable fashion. The ideal candidate is located in Costa Rica and is results-oriented, collaborative, assertive, proactive, influential and organized; and is committed to delivering impactful outcomes in a team environment.
This role will interact with supporting Global enablement teams, and work with stakeholders who are spread across different GEOs such as Americas, EMEA, and Asia Pacific. The position requires a self-starter with robust project management skills, great communications and presentation skills, and the ability to understand the sales process and work with a variety of stakeholders in the Enablement Readiness Centers of Excellence to solicit their input, requirements and feedback.
Responsibilities & Scope
• Intake assessment, manage and track project requests from BU, COEs, Sales Leadership, Programs, cross-functional teams.
• Capture and identify project scope, impact, tracking, and reporting
• Global enablement project management functions across assess, plan, build and execution phases for VMware enablement programs
• Manage the development, delivery and execution of sales, technical, and partner training projects and programs leveraging multiple delivery mechanisms and learning platforms
• Facilitate and lead weekly planning sessions, maintaining communications of project and program status, and overall project and program plan of records with stakeholders
• Understanding of learning metrics and importance of capturing key learner insights tied to critical business measures
• Manage cross-functional team engagement, requests and service delivery schedules of content, operations and learning platforms
Required Skills and Experience:
• 8-10+ years of project management experience in a learning or enablement organization focused on field sales and partner programs.
• Proven experience planning, creating and deploying successful training and enablement projects and programs.
• Ability to prioritize and balance multiple on-going projects.
• Proven experience working with high-performing teams across multiple geographies and functions.
• Ability to flourish in a dynamic and fast-paced environment requiring quick decision making ability
• Must have strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills in order to initiate, lead, manage and conduct project activities, handle conflict resolution and drive consensus with a variety of management levels, and disciplines.
• Multi-tasking, organizational, and time management skills must be strong due to the variety of tasks to be accomplished and the fast pace required to deliver successful briefings.
• Exceptional project management skills-- training, planning, prioritization, objective setting, meeting management and plan execution is required.
• Clear, professional, and concise communications (written/verbal), presentation and facilitation skills.
• Experience with WebEx, PowerPoint and Excel required; experience with Smartsheet a plus
• BS/BA degree, preference for PMP certification
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.