VMware Program Manager, Technical Partner Readiness (Global) in Heredia, Costa Rica
About the Global Partner Enablement Team
The Global Partner Enablement team is part of VMware’s Global Field and Partner Readiness (GFPR) organization. The Partner Enablement team drives and maintains accreditation and other solution selling training programs, learning paths and assets designed to educate partner individuals and enable them to successfully position, sell business value and provide services around VMware solutions. The end goal of the Partner Enablement team is to simplify learning, making it easy for partners to obtain the knowledge and skills they require to be successful in selling and implementing VMware solutions.
About the Program Manager, Technical Partner Readiness
The Technical Partner Readiness Program Manager will work within the Partner Enablement team alongside Partner Go-to-Market leaders, the Technical Sales Centers-of-Excellence, GEO teams, and VMware Education. This person will collaborate cross-functionally with the GFPR field sales and technical teams, the Worldwide Partner Organization (WPO) and the GEOs. Responsibilities will include creating and maintaining technical partner enablement training plans and learning paths, including those for hands-on-labs; and programs and assets, from planning, budget, KPIs, and stakeholder management to execution.
This Program Manager role requires a person that is innovative in their approach, and has a passion for delivering world class enablement to a global audience. Channel experience, and also a background in cloud and virtualization solutions is highly desired. We are looking for someone who has strong program and project management skills, is a strategic thinker, has experience in product/solution enablement in an enterprise software environment company, is familiar with technical sales and professional services roles (possibly has been in this role) is detailed oriented, and has excellent written and verbal communication skills. This person will also lead cross-functional team meetings and create and deliver presentations to all levels of management.
• Manage enablement programs for individuals with a technical sales and services focus (Example: Sales/Systems Engineers, Post-sales Consultants, Solution Architects, Professional Services)
• Maintain a standard set of content such as technical courses and hands-on-labs, and adjust enablement to meet the needs of different Partner types (e.g. Solution Providers, Service Providers, SISO, Alliance Partners, OEMs, Distributors).
• Engage with, and act as consultant to, the Worldwide Partner Organization to drive the strategy and plans that will increase partner participation and completion of learning path(s) and accreditation programs.
• Collaborate with the Education team to understand technical content in development across all solutions
• Develop and own KPIs that measure formal training completion and adoption of learning programs.
• Provide feedback to content owners/developers and ensure that content is aligned with the partner individual needs.
• Meet with GEO representatives to analyze and develop regional specific components as needed.
• Maintain standards for a consistent look and feel with other learning paths, programs and content.
• Run reports and perform analysis on the effectiveness of the programs.
• Analyze and Understand partner roles and sub roles. For example: Tech – SE vs. Architect vs. Developer vs. Operator/Administrator vs. Delivery
• Work with the Partner Programs, Education, Business Unit and the Route-to-Market teams to align the program and competency requirements with the role-based training content and community.
• Develop and own the feedback loop that collects partner needs and interests.
• Meet with and develop relationships with VMware Partners as required in order to gain feedback and insight on what partners need from and enablement aspect to successfully position, sell and deliver VMware products and solutions.
• Experience working with different types of partners highly desired (e.g. Solution Providers, Service Providers, SISO, Alliance Partners, OEMs, Distributors)
• Innovative and creative thinker that has the ability to think of the solution that is new and unique
• Must be able to work independently, make educated decisions about tasks that need to be completed and execute on those tasks.
• The ability to explain solutions and engage with stakeholders, including presenting virtually
• A strong ability to drive, collaborate, problem solve and manage a wide range of projects initiatives is a must.
• Knowledge in learning systems and delivery methods.
• Ability to think of global solutions and the impact changes will have for a global audience.
• Understand and have the ability to articulate channel segment and the value they bring to the sales process including Corporate Resellers & System Integrators
• 5+ years experience developing education programs and solutions
• Understanding of learning methodology
• Demonstration of past success in a business consultative style role is highly valued
• Able to travel 5%-10% of the time
• Works well in a matrix environment
• Must have the ability to work effectively in a fast-changing, fast-paced and demanding environment
• Strong negotiation skills in getting buy-in from multiple stake-holders to agree on a solution or concept
• BA/BS degree required
PMP or other project management training or certifications preferred
Technical software training experience a plus
Understanding of enterprise software, especially cloud, virtualization, networking and/or mobility solutions highly desired
• VMware technical background & training (VTSP/VCP/VCAP) is a plus
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.