Citi In Business Risk and Control Country Head (IBRC) in Heredia, Costa Rica
Primary Location: Costa Rica,Heredia
Education: Master's Degree
Job Function: Risk Management
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: No
Job ID: 17044189
In-Business Risk and Control Country Head is responsible for assisting the first line of defense with all functions related to controls surrounding the oversight of Costa Rica activities and products delivered by the local franchise and the Citi Service Center, and its interaction with other business units through legal entities, and the coordination of activities required for a consolidated country franchise view. It is require that the position maintains knowledge in effective business process internal controls, including COSO risk and internal control framework and develop educational and training materials to individuals in the Organization.Provide support to Risk and Control Management in the implementation of Citi wide initiatives and projects including key corporate policies and procedures
For the local franchise unit this will include:
-Issue Management that will include the oversight for the identification, tracking and resolution of issues with potential challenge of evidences and validation for effective closure of issues.
-Oversight and guidance of Self-Assessment exercises (MCA) for country franchise view,
-Support businesses through all IA interactions, that will include – but will not be limited to, Business Monitoring and audits impacting the country governance,
For the Citi Service Center this will include:
-Adopting a common Risk and Control Accountability Framework among the CSC products.
-Implement Site Quarterly Risk & Issue standardize reporting and ensuring the adoption of CCO reporting standards (assume agreement from International Franchise Management IFM).
-Identify Legal Vehicle responsibilities and report to SLT.
Crisis Management Plan coordination and support for CSC Site Head
• Ability to look at big picture and identify "GAPS;" and true testing experience, not just managing the process
• Written and verbal communications skills; prior track record of successfully interacting with remote teams.
• Experience with applying principles, methods and techniques in the design and operation of process controls and their system components; including business process and entity relationship analysis
• Comprehensive knowledge of compliance policies and processes and proficiency in risk and control related practices.
• Well versed in developing new ideas and improving current processes and proactively engages business and functional managers to mitigate risks Interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to achieve results
• Knowledge of US GAAP and Financial Control risks and controls for Financial Services companies.
• Exposure to regulatory and control models.
• Able to develop and produce monthly metrics.
• Collegial and service oriented demeanor and an ability to challenge existing conventions and make recommendation for improvement within CSC operating units.
• Able to identify trends and themes from high volume information sources and synthesize reports for easy consumption of senior business managers
• Ability to work under stressful situations and tight deadlines
• Strong critical thinking & analytical skills.
• Demonstrated ability to synthesize information, prioritize requirements.
• Project planning and execution experience
• Ability to create process flow diagrams
• Ability to identify and articulate root cause
• Pragmatic and out of the box thinker
• Highly organized and detail-oriented.
• Sense of urgency
• Leadership skills
• Solid management skills
• Self-motivated and positive attitude
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook