VMware Customer Support Specialist in Heredia, Costa Rica
Job Title: Customer Support Specialist
Reporting to: Customer Support Manager
The Customer Support specialist directly supports the entire suite of VMware products for global customers and works closely with the Customer Support Management and Service Delivery Technical teams to ensure that VMware provides exemplary customer service. Each Customer Support specialist will ensure each customer contact will be a friendly, professional and supportive experience to accurately address the needs of the customer. The Customer Support Specialist also provides exemplary My VMware account support directly as well as collaborating with Internal VMware departments globally.
• Provide customer assistance and support primarily via phone, email for technical and customer account queries/issues.
• Communicate effectively in a clear and concise manner.
• Assist customers in sourcing self-service options on VMware’s support website
• Enter & Maintain accurate issue description and detailed updates within our CRM system.
• Proactively update and Respond timely to customer inquiries, primarily via email and telephone to our expected KPI’s. Focus efforts to meet or exceed defined performance criteria.
• Create knowledge base content for internal and external use.
• Enter accurate detailed information into the VMware ticketing system
• Work directly with our Technical Support Engineers, Quality Analysts and Sales staff to resolve customer issues.
• Work directly with staff in Customer Support Account specialists teams and other Internal Business support teams to resolve problems
• Review reports, logs to ensure any issues are logged, tracked and resolved in a timely manner
• Work with other departments (example Sales Support, IT) as required to ensure continued maintenance of accurate customer and contact information.
• Resolve any customer account issues through diligent research, reproduction, and troubleshooting where required.
• Customer Focus
• Effective communication
• Change, Adaptability and Flexibility
• Team and Collaborative Working
• Using Initiative- Achieving Goals
• B.S. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Math, or equivalent work experience
• Familiarity with the installation and configuration of Windows, Linux or UNIX operating system
• Setup and operation of TCP/IP networking on Windows, Linux or UNIX systems
• Good practical working ability with UNIX utilities, including editors and command shells
• Working knowledge of Linux, Microsoft (Windows Server Families 2008, 2003, Windows Desktop 7, and XP), plus x86 platforms, devices, and networking
• Excellent attention to detail
• Excellent interpersonal Skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in Brazilian Portuguese.
• Quick learner
• Ability to maintain a positive attitude in a fast paced work environment
• Dependable time management skills.
• Positive and constructive attitude, comfortable facing new challenges and application technologies.
• Working Knowledge of Salesforce, database concepts and terminology, Internet software (requirement but not essential).
• Proficiency with Windows applications such as MS-Word, MS-Excel.
• Passion for learning new technology
• Work flexible schedules, which may include evenings, weekends or holidays
• Ability to demonstrate sincere compassion and empathy for customers' issues and problems
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.