VMware CTO Financial Analyst in Heredia, Costa Rica
This position reports to the FP&A Supervisor in Costa Rica. The main focus of this position will be to lead the reporting, analytics, and ad-hoc requests for the CTO FP&A department. Additionally, the Analyst will be an active participant on other GBU FP&A projects and PMO initiatives related spending.
• Spending/Headcount reporting. Report the quarterly spending results for the CTO organization. This includes categorization of all transactions to ensure accurate reporting of the various operating, investing and financing components within them. Assist with the preparation of quarter-end deliverables.
• Spending/Headcount planning. Report and analyze historical financial data in order to present a quarterly number tied out with Corporate Targets for each business unit and overall GBU hierarchy.
• Process improvement. Drive process improvements associated with the current methodologies use for the planning/forecasting and analysis processes and also actively participate into the PMO GBU programs.
• Historical dashboards. Maintain historical dashboards tracking of the spending and headcount associated with the business units within the scope including trends analysis as but not only: quarter over quarter and year over year. Track trends in historical linearity, seasonality, etc. to help drive current year spending
• Materials preparation. Support the creation of materials for top management updates, approval meetings and quarterly business reviews.
• Deep dive analyses and ad hoc projects. As required, conduct analyses providing insights into the actual spending situation for the assigned business units. Additionally, and as required, assist with other projects related to bookings and/or spending.
Skills and knowledge:
• Knowledge of the MS office package. Advanced Excel skills are necessary
• Strong analytical skills and capability to interpret large data sets and communicate valuable insights
• Ability to work cross-functionally and manage information requests across multiple groups
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Initiative to problem-solve
• Strong attention to detail and interested in performing deep-dive analyses to extract insights from data.
• Degree in Accounting, Business or Finance
• 1 - 2 years of experience in Financial Planning and Analysis roles
• Ability and experience working in cross functional teams
• Motivated individual with a desire to learn and to grow in a fast moving environment
• Confidence to ask for help to his or her peers and/or superiors
• Quick learner and interested in developing his or her career in a fast pace and challenging environment
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.