VMware Application Developer - New Graduate in Heredia, Costa Rica
The Candidate selected will start on July 2018 and the main requirement is that the graduation date is no later than 1 year ago from the start date.
The Business Intelligence Business Systems Analyst will be working with the Decision Support Systems team to maintain and develop reporting solutions. This will entail developing custom reports and dashboards, ensuring the current solution is maintained accordingly and enhancing this to meet the business needs. The candidate will also support business requests for ad-hoc data query and reporting requirements. The reporting solutions will be Oracle OBIEE based, using SQL back-end data warehouses/databases & queries for data management / manipulation. This position is 50% functional and 50% technical.
• Using SQL to generate queries from complex data sets for business decision-making
• Creating Source to Target mapping documentation and report requirements used by ETL and OBIEE/Business Objects developers
• Work on data profiling and data quality analysis
• Work on data issues and data validation
• Work on data conversion activities
• Responsible for gathering and assessing business information needs and preparing system requirements
• Document functional requirements and business use cases-Responsible for Data flow process, logical design, and business rules
• Responsible for design and execution of UAT activities-Responsible for project SDLC documentation
• Perform gap analysis: as-is versus to-be
• Assist with translating business requirements into a functional design
• Review testing plans, testing scripts
• Managing issue tracking systems such as Remedy or Jira or Quality Center
The candidate must have basic knowledge and understanding on the following areas:
• Solid understanding with the SDLC and waterfall methodology (project delivery).
• Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence concepts and framework
• Have excellent understanding of data models and data modeling concepts
• Preferable exposure to Oracle EDW, Erwin, ETL, and OBIEE/Business Objects, Tableau reporting platforms.
• SAP w/HANA and Business Warehouse Knowledge is a huge plus
• Attention to detail and strong personal organizational skills and able to work in fast, paced, high- volume environment
• Well versed with PowerPoint/Excel and Dashboard Reports
• Solid communication skills, IT and business orientated
• Ability to work, collaborate and lead a team to support deadlines
Education and Experience
4-year degree (minimum) in Information Systems, Computer Science, Business or related discipline
SAP, Oracle, BA, PMP certifications a plus
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.