Amazon.com HRS Staff Support in Calle Blancos, Costa Rica
“Many of the problems we face have no textbook solution, and so we-happily-invent new ones.” – Jeff Bezos
Amazon.com – a place where builders can build. We hire the world's brightest minds and offer them an environment in which they can invent and innovate to improve the experience for our customers. A Fortune 100 company based in Seattle, Washington, Amazon is the global leader in e-commerce. Amazon offers everything from books and electronics to apparel and diamond jewelry. We operate sites in Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, India, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Netherlands, Spain, United Kingdom and United States, and maintain dozens of fulfillment centers around the world which encompass more than 26 million square feet.
Technological innovation drives the growth of Amazon, offering our customers more selection, convenient shopping, and low prices. Amazon Web Services provides developers and small to large businesses access to the horizontally scalable state of the art cloud infrastructure like S3, EC2, AMI, CloudFront and SimpleDB, that powers Amazon.com. Developers can build any type of business on Amazon Web Services and scale their application with growing business needs.
We want you to help share and shape our mission to be Earth's most customer-centric company. Amazon's evolution from Web site to e-commerce partner to development platform is driven by the spirit of invention that is part of our DNA. We do this every day by inventing elegant and simple solutions to complex technical and business problems. We're making history and the good news is that we've only just begun.
About HR Services:
HR Services delivers services to a wide range of internal customers from the service delivery hub in Costa Rica. We support the HR mission to build a workplace for Amazonians to invent on behalf of customers. Our services are designed to be effortless, empathetic, global and forward thinking. We always keep the voice of the customer in the center of our decisions and partner with different teams to be successful. This position is key to the success of our department.
Amazon is seeking an energetic, bright, and motivated individual with a history of high performance to support senior leaders in our team. This EA will be based out of the Amazon office in Calle Blancos.
The successful candidate will be highly organized, detail oriented, self-motivated, able to handle highly confidential information, as well as demonstrate ability to respond effectively to changing workloads and priorities. The candidate must have the ability to work independently, communicate well and to manage multiple assignments and people simultaneously. The ideal candidate will have the demonstrated ability to respond effectively and efficiently while maintaining flexibility.
The successful candidate will possess the ability to complete complex tasks and projects quickly with little to no guidance, react with appropriate urgency to situations that require a quick turnaround, be able to take effective action without having to know the total picture, and efficiently and proactively solve difficult or complex problems that affect people within the department or other related groups. The position requires the capacity to work successfully in a team environment, build effective working relationships & maintain a comprehensive awareness of the organization and become the “go-to” person for support activities.
This position requires high levels of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information, and professionalism in dealing with senior professionals inside and outside the company. In addition, exceptional written and oral communication skills, high attention to detail, bias for action, detailed planning, time management and organizational skills are required.
· Work closely with leadership team to provide seamless support to the group.
· Management of complex calendars and scheduling, meeting prioritization, large scale meeting coordination.
· Scheduling cost effective air/hotel/ground transportation. Create detailed travel itineraries (including smooth transitions between time zones). Coordinate with in-house travel agents and manage international as well domestic travel process.
· Organize, execute, and assist with team activities and logistics (staff meeting agendas and note taking, all-hands meetings, quarterly on-sites/off-sites, and team social events).
· Tracking and helping drive completion of key deliverables and following up on outstanding action items.
· Completing expense reports, maintaining schedules, plan and coordinate events, ordering supplies/ goodies for the team.
· Represent our team and partner effectively with external stakeholders such as space planning, travel and other executive assistants in the org.
· Having fun at work and helping others do the same
. support global stakeholders
· 3-5 yrs of experience assisting senior executives in a fast-paced environment.
· Schedule flexibility
· Demonstrated experience supporting leaders across international time zones.
· Demonstrated ability to managing multiple calendars.
· Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Outlook is essential, as well as strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint and Visio
· Skilled in managing group logistics, including event planning, transportation and budgeting.
· Strong organizational and communication skills, problem solving skills, and team-orientated philosophy.
· Ability to quickly learn organizational structure and the objectives of the team.
· High levels of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information.
· Ability to work in an ambiguous environment.
· Bachelor’s degree
· Experience in event management
· A terrific work ethic accompanied by an ever-positive, get-it-done attitude.
· Ability to take on increased responsibilities as the position advances.
· Exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
· Ability to prioritize and handle multiple assignments at any given time while maintaining commitment to deadlines.
· Ability to react with appropriate levels of urgency to situations and events that require quick response or turnaround.
AMZR Req ID: 550640
External Company URL: www.amazon.com