Amazon.com Fraud Investigations Manager II in Calle Blancos, Costa Rica
At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. Transaction Risk Management Services (TRMS) works to make Amazon the safest and most trusted place on Earth by protecting the innocent and deterring the ill-intentioned. Through people and technology we manage risk across hundreds of services and multiple geographies, focus on our customers and scale through innovation. Our Investigation Specialists will always deliver on our service standards for our customers and with zero defects. We achieve this through a combination of automated and manual investigations of the buyers and sellers on our marketplace.
Manager of managers role, span ranging from 3-4 front-line managers and 60-75 investigators
· In charge of managing a group of frontline managers and their specialists who investigate seller transactions on Amazon.com platforms and take appropriate actions based on processes, tools and high-judgment decisions.
· Provide leadership and administrative support to their team(s) and manage them to achieve and constantly improve service levels based on forecast and capacity, minimize the impact of bad debt by meeting / achieving targets, achieve process improvement, ensure road mapped project execution (and identify new ones), and focus on the people development of their team.
· The responsibilities in this position may span over multiple processes and functions and locations. In addition to being responsible for achieving and exceeding unit’s/team’s defined metrics through sustainable change or process improvement. She / he will be expected to participate in strategic planning, project road mapping activities of the team.
· Identifies trends in team performance and recommends/ implements change to constantly raise the Performance levels in the team.
· Share ideas with Management that positively influence the vision for the TRMS group by using their exposure to team’s technical or business areas, their understanding of Amazon’s marketplace, trends and fraud issues impacting the retail industry.
· Expected to participate in projects that involve one (or more) teams within the Organization and that address issues outside the normal areas of responsibility or expertise required by their process.
· The key to success in this role is the ability to understand the TRMS group’s vision and make independent decisions with sound judgment to manage their teams to attain that vision.
· Implement best-in-class processes and practices for maintaining and exceeding productivity and quality service level agreements.
· Actively manage investigator capacity 7 days a week and the triggers for creating investigations to balance global investigation supply and demand.
· Provide focused feedback loops for managers and investigators based on crisp performance and quality data. Reward strong performers and manage out weak ones.
· Keep abreast of trends and fraud issues impacting the retail industry. Ensure that Amazon is leading the curve in identifying and preventing new fraud attacks.
· Analyze the key levers of the business to identify trends and proactively take action to improve efficiency and reduce time to identify new fraud Modus Operandi.
· Work with software teams to articulate and prioritize feature needs for investigation tool sets.
· Recruit top-quality frontline managers. Develop employees and their skill sets to expand the team capabilities and provide growth opportunities for future Amazon leaders.
Scope of Work
· Metrics, by consistently leading their team(s) to meet and exceed service levels and targets in reducing bad debt for their Company and maintain the performance and metrics of all team members, and hence the team at expected levels.
· Process Improvement, by delivering significant business impacts and/ or contributions to their Company through improvement to quality, productivity, or customer experience. Work with peer technical teams to articulate and prioritize feature needs for investigation tool sets.
· People Development, by developing the Performance levels, career and skills of their Investigator teams through continuous closure of performance feedback loops. Possess ability to recruit excellent team members into their team and Company.
· Project Leadership by effectively participating in projects that involve multiple teams within their Company that are above and beyond the normal area of responsibility or expertise. Consistently demonstrate timely delivery of projects on roadmap to support the team and department vision.
· Judgment and Discretion: The candidate has direct responsibility over multiple functions and processes. She/he consistently exercises discretion in tactical and strategic decision making/problem solving and routinely reports to management chain as required. She/he takes decisions that are reasoned, documented, and involve partnering with other internal stakeholder/teams as appropriate and required when making decisions that have wider impact.
· Proven operational, managerial, analytical and interpersonal skills
· Demonstrable operations experience of at least two years. This experience should include substantial people management of front-line managers, senior specialist, team leaders and/or SMEs
· Strong candidates may come from a background in operations in fraud prevention, credit approval, collections, banking services, claim processes, and/or risk management
· A university degree or currently pursuing a higher education
· Proficiency in additional languages besides English and Spanish a big plus
· Operational excellence experience using Six Sigma methodologies
· Advanced Excel skills (ability to create macros, automate reports)
AMZR Req ID: 510171
External Company URL: www.amazon.com